Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Resisting the Enemy

So humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time.
Cast all your worries upon him because he cares for you.

Be sober and vigilant. Your opponent the Devil is prowling around like a roaring lion
looking for someone to devour. Resist him, steadfast in faith, knowing that your brothers and sisters throughout the world undergo the same sufferings.


The God of all grace who called you to his eternal glory through Christ Jesus
will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you after you have suffered a little.
To him be dominion forever. Amen. 1 Pt 5:5B-14


Today's reading comes on the Feast of St. Mark, evangelist, and points out something I was just discussing a few days before about how the enemy is prowling around looking for someone to devour. This could be through someone's rude comment or the thoughts that sit in your mind telling you that you can't do something or you aren't smart enough or you will never get better. This unending battle that the enemy is putting on us. And how do we resist this...by remaining steadfast in faith. Asking God to give us the grace to fight the battle against the enemy.

The enemy wants to see us fail, especially the closer we become with God. We become a bigger threat to him as he knows that we are guiding others closer to God...and winning the battle.

We must trust that God will restore us, confirm us, strengthen us, and establish us after we have suffered. God understands our suffering and is with us in the battle...guiding us, and giving us the grace that we need to get through....then on the other side, we see His glory as he leads us down our most perfect path.

This past weekend, I participated in my first Eucharistic Adoration...something I have been longing to do for quite some time. The main reason was for the Feast of the Divine Mercy. I had been led to read St. Faustina's Diary for the past six months, and ironically (probably not) I finished it on the first day of the Divine Mercy Novena. So my church offered a special adoration along with devotion to the Divine Mercy. I wasn't sure what to expect in adoration, but knew that if I just prayed to God, he would lead me. I started out with the rosary and then said a few prayers (St. Michael, family prayers) and then just listened to what He had to say. I can say it was one of the most peaceful moments I have had. Just me and Christ together having a conversation. It amazes me how God works everyday in my life and how I witness His good works all around me. I am thankful for my quiet time with the Lord this weekend and look forward to many more adorations in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment