Thursday, April 27, 2017

Working for the Good


And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

So I have come to recognize God’s way of sending me messages. Before, my eyes were never fully opened and received the gifts He was trying to give me, but now when I see something or hear something several times within a few days…I know that’s God saying, “Hey, it’s me…listen up”. So today’s message comes from Romans 8:28. On my morning routine, I’m listening to Victoria Osteen’s show and I hear her mention Romans 8:28 to a caller. I drop my kiddos off at school and as I’m heading to work another caller calls in and gives his testimony about how he was an alcoholic and drug addict and got word that he had cancer requiring chemo. As he is in chemo, he meets many people that lead Him to God, including one individual who told him to read Romans 8:28. So I key in and think…wow – same scripture twice on the way to work. I get in to work and check my daily Catholic devotion that says “The first thing you discover when you really encounter God is that God wants good things for you.” Ok…so I know now, not a coincidence that I hear the message that many times in a matter of an hour.

God is saying to me to Trust Him. He is working for the good…even during those moments when we don’t feel that God is with us. He is ALWAYS with us and wants us to know that He only wants good things for us. So as bad as a cross may be for you at this moment in time, know…trust…that God is working for the good. This may be a rough season for you, but know that there is light ahead and when you get through…God is going to bear you much fruit…more than anything you can ever imagine. Just keep trusting and knowing that He has called you for a purpose and that He is working for the good.

I don’t know where this blog is going…but I know that when I get a strong message, He wants me to remember it and share it. Ironically, I have a notepad in my purse full of Bible Scriptures that I want to remember…and this one never stuck out at me before…it’s in there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment